Ω-Omega Fleet-Ω
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ω-Omega Fleet-Ω

Ωω Omega. ''The home that is, the home that it was, the home it shall be, the home it shall stay, welcome home, welcome to the family... Omega Fleet HQ'' Tim Veltkamp.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  DataBaseDataBase  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Alliance of Guardians forms link with the Omega Colony

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nicole Branson
Vice Admiral (O)
Vice Admiral (O)
Nicole Branson

Number of posts : 90
Ship(s) : Omega Prime and Colony
Position : Vice Admiral
Registration date : 2008-09-06

The Alliance of Guardians forms link with the Omega Colony Empty
PostSubject: The Alliance of Guardians forms link with the Omega Colony   The Alliance of Guardians forms link with the Omega Colony Icon_minitime1/1/2009, 09:37

The Izarian Slide

The Planet Izar borders the Omega Fleet Territory, about a 4000 light years from Betazed and for the past 3 years, Izar has been the orbital home of SB KF 12 ~ Governor’s Station, named in fact because Admiral Vincent Viceroy was once called Governor of Izar. The planet has provided sanctuary, warmth and even energy to Governor’s Station during that time. Today, as the Station rebuilds from the horror that was the Second Coming, the decimation of the newly completed space city and looks out at the planet and revels in the sheer beauty of the planetary view from the station.

Thomas Smythe, the Chief Engineer had left with the Quasar Quest, in fact, the only command staff remaining on the station was me, Admiral Gavin Viceroy and Dr. Trista Coren and a bunch of enlisted staff. Contrary to my orders, no one had installed an assistant chief before departing. I was in the observation deck watching the planet below and Trista was in the docking bay looking out at the dry dock containing the USS Princess Diana, itself horribly damaged by the Second Coming. Neither of us knew what was about to become of the Station.

It began with a simple alarm. In construction, there are many alarms as sections are opened to the atmosphere in order to complete force field generation in other areas. I never even batted at eye the first time the alarm went off. I never contacted Trista. I never even contacted the engineering staff.

The secondary alarms started going off as I walked back towards the turbo lift to begin transport to the central offices. This time, it perked my interest. Only one other time, since the Space City began to function did the secondary alarms begin to sound. It was during the second coming. I tapped the COMM Link.

=A= Viceroy to Ops. State the reason for the secondary alarm =A=

=A= Ops to Admiral Viceroy. The secondary alarms are engaging because the planetary orbital stabilizers are off line. We are responding, Sir. =A=

=A= Viceroy to Engineering. Status report. =A=

=A= Engineering Group Alpha reporting, sir. We have primary planetary orbital stabilizers off line. Secondary stabilizers are at critical. Sir, we are going to crash into the planet. =A=

Gavin could hear the sheer terror in their voices as they announced the status. He needed help.

=A= Captain Coren, Please Respond =A=

=A= Coren, here. I am heading for Ops. Meet you there. Trista Out. =A=

Gavin proceeded to Ops. By now, the station was teetering badly, swaying back and forth. The inertial dampeners were no longer on line and some 13000 people were swaying back and forth like a ship on the high seas. Gavin looked over at the Operations Console.

“Status report.” Gavin Ordered.

“The Station is falling into the planet. It appears that the damage inflicted against the station by the Jem’Hadar was more serious than initially suspected.” The Operations Ensign reported.

Gavin looked at Trista, “Any ideas. I would sure take them.”

Trista looked at Gavin, “Perhaps we can divert the planetary orbital decay from downward to away.”

Gavin snarled, “It’s a damn station, not a space ship, Captain.”

Trista was more adamant and moved to the Ops. Console, “If we divert the decay towards the Betazed Sun and get captured in its orbit, it will prevent the station from falling into Izar.”

Gavin looked at Trista, “If we do so, we will simply fall into the Betazed Sun. Are you okay with that?”

Trista did not like his sarcasm, “We can use the Princess Diana thrusters, trapped in dry dock to steer the station slightly and pray it will be captured by the gravitational pull of the Omega Planet.”

Gavin looked at Trista, “You are freaking crazy. You are going to direct the station to fall into a star with the gleaming hope that a mid sized Class M planet will have enough gravity to grab her as she flies by at near light speed.”

Trista glared at Gavin and simply responded, “Yes.”

Gavin looked at Ops as the evacuation awareness alarm sounded. One more stage to evacuation. Gavin looked at Trista, “I guess this is it then.”

Gavin looked at Ops and then looked at the Trista map and held his breath.

“We are go for the Coren Crash.”, Admiral Viceroy ordered.

The station shook violent as its orbit decayed. Trista and the Princess Diana engineering staff tried to steer her as good as she could but the station was literally falling through space. It accelerated to warp one. Trista was standing in Ops shouting orders. She was gripped by the same fear she felt aboard the Christmas Wish when she lost her first command. She was tired of all this chaos. If it ended in her death, at least it would be over.

The station, horribly damaged in the Second Coming was now being ravaged by space travel. Gavin was almost most to tears watching the trial of debris falling behind his station as she migrated through space. This was not a star ship, it was a massive station.

Four hours of falling went by. This was not a quick and painless demise. Many people were being horribly injured or dying. Pieces of the station were falling away; even large pieces of actual crew quarters were launched into space.

Gavin walked back to Ops. They could see it now: The Omega Planet. Gavin looked at Trista, “Do you think it will have enough gravitational pull to stop our decent.”

Trista looked at Gavin, “It better. If not, our next largest gravitational body is the Betazed Sun and I never brought my tanning solution.”

The joke never eased anything for Gavin or Trista. Gavin looked around at the station main staff, “Okay people, here’s the drill. Have you ever seen the old yo-yo trick, Round the World. The yo-yo runs to the end of the string and then begins to go round and round on the end of the string. This is us, we are travelling on the string now, when we get grabbed by the planets gravity, we will make a massively quick rotation of the planet before beginning to slow to our natural orbit. This round the world motion will make our decent seem like a picnic. Are you ready?”

The staff looked around, finally a cadet spoke up, “We are ready, Admiral.”

The planet loomed large on the view screen. Here we go…

Just as Dr. Trista Coren had predicted the planets gravitational pull caught the falling station and she whipped around the planet. No one however accounted for the debris field left by Sigma Station Alpha. The debris pierced Governor’s Station like torpedoes. There was more death than anyone will care to remember. This should have been a celebration of the space city but instead this is her horror story.

It took four orbital rotations for the station to slow enough to begin repairs. Through the viewers, staff could see the Omega Planet and the USS Typhon in high orbit around the planet.

Trista knew Rear Admiral Nicole Branson well. In fact, they were quite close. She contacted the planets surface to inform the Omega Fleet Command that they had an unusual friend. The Omega Fleet and the Alliance of Guardians were preparing to have a sister fleet relationship. Now they have a link, however accidental. Governor’s Station now orbits the Omega Colony.

Posted by:

Admiral Gavin Viceroy
Commanding Officer
Governor’s Station
Alliance of Guardians

Captain Trista Coren
Chief Medical Officer
Current Ranking Senior Officer
Governor’s Station
Alliance of Guardians
Back to top Go down
http://www.omegacolony.aogn.net